11. M：Sean has been trying for month to find a job, but I wonder how he could get a job when he looks like that。
W: Oh, poor guy, he really should shave himself every other day at least, and put on something clean。
Q: What do we learn about Sean?
12. W: I wish Jane would call when she know she’ll be late. This is not the first time we had to wait for her。
M: I agree, but she does have to drive through very heavy traffic to get here。
Q: What does the man imply?
13. M: Congratulations. I heard your baseball team is going to the Mid-Atlantic Championships。
W: Yeah. We are all working real hard right now。
Q: What is the woman’s team doing?
14. W: John has been looking after his mother in the hospital. She was injured in a car accident two weeks ago and is still in critical condition 。
M: Oh, that’s terrible. And you know, his father passed away last year。
Q: What do we learn about John?
15. M: What a boring speaker! I could hardly stay awake.
W: Well, I don’t know. In fact I think it’s been a long time since I’ve heard anyone is good.
Q: What do we learn from the conversation?
16. W: I’m having a lot of trouble with logic and it seems my professor can’t explain it in a way that makes sense to me.
M: You know, there is a tutoring service on campus. I was about to drop statistics before they helped me out.
Q: What does the man mean?
17. M: this is a stylish overcoat. I saw you wearing it last week, didn’t I ?
W: oh, that wasn’t me. That was my sister Jill. She is in your class.
Q: What does the woman mean?
18. M: Jane, suppose you lost all your money while taking a vacation overseas, what would you do?
M: well, I guess I’d sell my watch or computer or do some odd jobs till I can afford a return plane ticket.
Q: what are the speakers talking about?